We are a community of people working to co-create compassionate systems.
We use co-design and adjacent practices to engage a diverse range of people in our work.
We work inside and outside public purpose organisations and broader systems to promote equity, justice, community wellbeing and regeneration.
Recognising the practical and emotional challenges of this work, we’ve come together to support each other to keep learning and growing.
More than your usual community of practice, this is about creating new structures, knowledge and relationships to support creative and participatory ways of working. Just as we care for participants and colleagues in the work we do, we want each other to feel valued, cared for, and connected.
We connect and collaborate in a variety of ways, including but not limited to:
- Sharing news and resources about co-design and related practices, including new articles, jobs, events and tools
- Participating in learning and networking events, to build relationships and knowledge, and test out new methods and techniques
- Communicating as critical friends who offer advice and feedback on each other’s work, when invited to do so
- Holding space and listening deeply to encourage reflective practice for personal and professional development
- Authenticity and integrity - which takes courage and vulnerability
- Care and compassion - for ourselves and others, including non-human kin
- Equity and equality - of voice, opportunity and outcomes
- Learning and reflecting - learning by doing and going beyond dogma
- Audacious civility - showing up wholeheartedly for braver conversations
Many of us are located on the traditional lands of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Peoples, with the community convened from the unceded territory of the Wurundjeri Woi Wurrung people of the Kulin Nation. We welcome members from all over the world, including First Nations and non-Indigenous practitioners. We pay respect to the traditional custodians of their lands as well as the Elders and ancestors who have long cared for Country in Australia.
If you would like to make a contribution to our Manifesto, please send an email to email@example.com - we would love to hear from you.